Vasque introduced Breeze hiking boots in 2004 and altered the world of footwear for hiking forever! For the first time, running shoe technology was incorporated into a true hiking boot, and in 2013, Vasque has done it once again with the release of the Men’s Breeze 2.0 GTX 500 Hiking Boot. This refurbished version of the original Breeze has proven to be lighter and more breathable thanks to its Gore-Tex waterproof breathable membrane.
The company’s boots helped to open up America’s wondrous ranges to those who had never experienced the beauty and simplicity of hiking through beautiful mountains while enjoying spectacular views. Established in 1964, Vasque is a familiar name to those who associate hiking with comfort, quality, and reasonable prices.
The company is attributed with connecting the concept of a trail running shoe and a mountain boot. The Vasque legacy is that of a great American outdoor manufacturer who has equated the design of outdoor shoes with style and practicality.
A merger of designs between a trail running shoe and a mountain boot is what describes the Vasque Men’s Breeze 2.0 GTX 500. A mid-weight boot that supports wearers as they bushwhack through steep terrain, the Breeze 2.0 is considered one of the best hiking boots for all terrains. The comfortable mid-sole absorbs impact and trail hazards thanks to a lengthy TPU plate and 18mm of EVA beneath the heel.
The padded mid-cut ankle is easy to tighten, while metal lacing hooks deliver superior ankle support. Due to the large swaths of mesh on the sides, the Breeze 2.0 never overheats. Moreover, the tongue, forefoot, and ankle, enhances the Gore-Tex lining’s breathability. A Vibram sole with a prominent heel brake and large rectangular and oval formed lugs sustains traction on rocks and mud. The fit of the Men’s Breeze 2.0 GTX 500 runs a bit large; therefore, when ordering customers should request a size smaller than normal.
- Mid-height uppers includes hardy 2mm thick nubuck leather and airy nylon mesh panel for optimal performance
- Gore-Tex water resistant liners allow feet to breathe while safeguarding them from the elements
- Excess moisture is absorbed via a wicking nylon mesh lining for fast drying
- Double density EVA foot-beds and formed EVA mid-soles absorb shock, supply padding and return vigor to feet for 24-hour comfort
- Thermoplastic urethane plats entrenched in the mid-soles ameliorate firmness and support
- Strong Vibram contact rubber outsoles provide stability and traction on tough terrains
- Very well designed and manufactured from high quality materials
- Lightweight, breathable, and keeps feet dry
- Comfortable soles
- Great price for a fantastic shoe
- Can untie easily
- Not completely waterproof
- Ankle area a bit narrow
Lightweight, tough, cool, and athletically structured, the Men’s Breeze 2.0 GTX 500 is just that, a “breeze” to wear and to rough it over easy and difficult terrains. In fact, the Breeze 2.0 has quickly become one of the most popular and best hiking boots in the country. It’s perfectly tuned for the veracity of hiking needs today.