Timberland is known for its line of quality shoes that are perfect for work and play. The men’s Chocorua Gore-Tex Hiker can be added to that list as one of the most rugged and stylish boots on the market. The Gore-Tex material that lines the Chocorua makes for a waterproof interior that will keep your foot dry and warm during whatever conditions you may come across during your hike. This boot has also been engineered by Timberland to support your foot during the typical motions of hiking, including braking, propelling and flexing of the foot.
There is a lot to like about the Timberland Chocorua. First of all, this boot offers a handful of designs and looks, making it perfect for a variety of hikers with different style desires. Many other boots on the market come in standard earth colors, which can be fine in their own right. However, the Chocorua goes above and behind and offers five different color options. This makes models like the noir or solid black perfect for wearing both on the trails or in casual settings. They also offer a variety of brown, green and multicolored models that look great when hiking. Whatever color scheme you prefer, you can get it from Timberland.
Another major bonus of the Chocorua is the hook and loop straps at the top of the boot. There are three different adjustable straps that are comfortable and provide a proper fit for a variety of different foot shapes and types. Not everyone has the same foot/ankle frame, but the Chocorua does it’s best to adjust accordingly.
The Chocorua is also extremely lightweight. It can be difficult to create a lightweight hiking boot that balances comfort and durability, but the Chocorua seems to hit the nail on the head with this one. You can still expect to get a ton of comfort and support, without your legs getting worn down or tired after a few miles of trekking.
– The Chocorua may be the most stylish boot on the market. It offers a variety of different color options that are perfect for varying style preferences.
– Gore-Tex material makes these boots water resistant, yet still comfortable and breathable.
– Flexible sole that provides support and comfort.
– Lightweight, yet durable.
– If you look hard enough, you can find these shoes at a great price that may come in at, or even below, $100. You can’t beat that for a quality boot that will surely last you for multiple hikes.
– Occasionally, you may get a pair where the eyelet will come out of the boot. This is a rare occurrence, but has been documented a few different times. Luckily, Timberland offers a fair exchange policy in many situations.
Overall, The Timberland Chocorua provides a great option away from other hardcore hiking boots on the market. That said, you’ll still get a durable and reliable boot for much less money. And with a variety of color options, you can bet that the style will be unmatched as well.